Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Watercolor Project Life Cards....Shimmerz Inklingz and Creameez.

Hi there.  Lydell here today sharing another stash making session I had using Inklingz and Creameez.  I love to have a variety of Project Life cards on hand, and find it so much easier to just pick out the ones I like and slide them in the pockets as filler cards to complete a page.

Sometimes the colours even get me motivated and it starts that way!

If you have not seen these lovely little Shimmerz pots of goodness, they are pans of cake watercolours in individual pots Inklingz are Pearlescent and the Creameez are not, although they do tend to have a slight sheen, (which is really pretty!!!!)


mmmmm.

So I decided on some watercolor play today.
and I have quite a nice stash of PL Cards ready to go.

You could use the same ideas for cards and layouts as well, 
I did all the watercoloring, then when dry I added brush lettering and calligraphy with various pens.  I added details with white and grey.

So take a look.

I used Canson 185 gsm Watercolour paper (Perfect for the Cards)
and a variety of Inklingz and Creameez  I just wet the lot and dipped randomly!


I love the gold shimmer peeking behind the colour.  The Gold Inklingz are so gorgeous!





I added some liquitex glass bead medium to the heart here.  It comes out white and dries crystal clear with the glossy beads adding dimension.  really pretty.





I will have a video on some more of these really simple yet effective techniques next week, 
so look out for that :-)

Until then...thanks for dropping in today.
Hope you are having a great week!




No comments: