Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mini Silverware Mixed Media Tags

Hello and Happy Thursday!

Tina here today with my latest Education Team project, a trio of Mixed Media Tags, using a set of mini silverware as an embellishment for my cards.



Tags have long been a favorite project type!  I love the mini size and versatility of tag creating!

To prep my tags, I covered each with a thin layer of gesso.  Once the gesso dried, I began adding texture and dimension with Dazzelerz and a favorite stencil.



The next step is a favorite.  Using 3 of my new favorite Shimmerz spray colors, I added color to my tags, allowing the colors to blend and mix.


Now that my tags have been created, I prepped my mini silverware (aren't these the cutest??) and chipboard stars with a coat of gesso.  (gesso is a wonderful thing)


Once the gesso had dried, I added color to my embellishments with the same corresponding spray mist colors.


I also sprayed other embellishments with the same spray colors so they are coordinated well together.  (extra stamped clay half circles & half envelopes)

For a pop of contrasting color, I painted a metal ribbon embellishment with red acrylic paint, and added it to my tag with red twine and a red number token.









I so love how these turned out!  Wouldn't they look great adhered to a pretty sheet of patterned paper and framed?

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!

Shimmerz Products used:
Dazzelerz: See U In The Mornin
Coloringz: Don't Citron Me, Well Blu Me Down, Oh Say Can U Sea



No comments: