Monday, March 16, 2015

Art Journaling with Dazzelerz and a Gelli Plate

Hello and Happy Monday!  Tina here today today with an Art Journal page created using my Gelli Plate and Shimmerz Paints.


To begin, I created several Gelli Prints, using Dazzelerz and my 8x10 Gelli Plate.    Spread a small amount of Dazzelerz on your Gelli Plate using a brayer, covering the entire plate in a thin layer.


Place a favorite stencil on top of the Gelli Plate and cover with a sheet of heavy weight card stock.  I use this cardstock for my gelli printing.    Press firmly on the paper, using a brayer to ensure even coverage.



Above, you can see my first print with only 1 color and design element.  Continue this process using different stencils and colors of Dazzelerz until you have a print you are happy with.

Once I had finished printing several gelli prints, I wanted to add more texture, color, and design, so using more stencils and Shimmerz sprays, I added more to each print.


Here's some of my finished prints, ready for Art Journaling or other Mixed Media or Scrapbooking projects.





I used the same stencils for each print, be varied the color and layering to achieve different looks.  I tend to create multiple prints at one time and keep them in a drawer for future (and immediate) use.

I picked out the print I wanted to use for my Art Journal page, and applied Hazel & Ruby removable Stencil-Masks to create my sentiment. 


Using black Krylon spray-paint, I sprayed directly over the stencil-masks.  I immediately removed the stencil-masks and let dry.

After the spray paint had dried, I doodled around each letter with Gelly Roll pens.  (for a bit of fun)


Once I was done with my doodling, my page seemed a bit empty, so instead of adding additional doodling, I thought it would be fun to cut up one of my other gelli prints and add handmade flowers to my spread.

I cut rough flower shapes from the print, and added some doodling to each flower.  Here's some close-ups.




The pop of blue is a great contrast to the oranges and reds and love the the 3 dimensional look.


Shimmerz Products used:
Dazzelerz:  See U In The Morning, Dreamscicle, Licorce Stick, Sour Apple
Coloringz:  Don't Citron Me, Heidi Ho Blue, No Yoking, Night Moves, My Bleeding Heart

p.s. If you are inspired by my project today, and would love to purchase Shimmerz Paints, please mention my name in the 'Instructions to Merchant' section of your order and you will receive FREE product!  Easy Peasy!


I'd love to know if you Gelli Print! And if you have used Shimmerz Paints to create prints.  I am always looking for new ideas and techniques!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments: