Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Birdcage and Gears Chipboard Album...

I had a whole afternoon free to create and so I sat down with a piece of plain, cheap, raw chipboard sheet and created this. I coated the chipboard sheet with white acrylic paint, then layered stencils with gesso and modelling paste...


next, I went crazy layering so many different pastel and metallic tones of Shimmerz Inklingz.
I just kept adding and misting and adding, I was hardly able to keep track of the colors I used.

  When the base was done, I added die-cut shapes, resin pieces, flowers, and a brass key hole. It is such a wonderful feeling to sit down and think of what you may possibly end up with. This piece is something I'm really happy about. Now it's your turn! Find some "ME" time this week, sit down and create something. It can be a big or small project. Just have fun, and don't forget to let go and play with your paint!


Shimmerz Inklingz used:

Gosh Garnet, Sheer Bliss, Freshly Minted, Giddy About Green, Pink A Boo, 
Corney Flower Blue, Meet Me At Sunset, First Blush

Vibez Mists: Egg Noggin, Snow Storm 


4 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Your canvas is really beautiful and I love the layout and gorgeous colors. Thanks for sharing.

Shona said...

really beatutiful

iris said...

Thank you very much Kathy and Shona!

Unknown said...

Love it! So beautiful. I like the color combination and how you layered the stencils. Beautiful job! Can you tell me please what kind of stencil did you use in the top right corner? Circles / flowers, very beautiful.