Wednesday, October 15, 2014

cake and card


There is always something to celebrate!
Today I would like to share this cake and card.
Made these cakes before but I can't help myself, they are so much fun to make!


For these projects I used the following paints:
Coloringz: Mama sings the blues
Spritz: Treasured Hymn
Vibez: Jen b blue
Shimmerz: Butter cream
Shimmerz: Tickle me turquoise
Shimmerz: Antique lace

This chipboard cake got 2 coats of gesso before adding the paints.
The horizontal sides got a coat of Glass beads paste from Liquitex.

String of pearls around the circles.

Some prima flowers I had in my stash for a long time.

The Glass Beads paste with a touch of gesso.

The two big flowers and the mini roses were painted with the Shimmerz paints.

Applied the paints and let them run by adding some water.

And here is my card:
Created the background with the same Glass Beads paste.

The chipboard butterfly, from Scrap-Unlimited, got two coats of gesso.

Close-up of the lovely texture.

Enjoy your day!
Ingrid xxx

No comments: