Friday, July 25, 2014

Shimmery Art Journaling.

Welcome to the Shimmerz Blog today!
 Lydell here with you this morning, sharing an Art Journal page I have been playing with 
over the last couple of days.

I always just love when I get an opportunity to play in my journal!  

Here's My finished spread.


I have just started another journal. It was an old microwave cookbook.  I love the orientation of this one.  It is tall and thin.  Really interesting change to working on these narrow pages!

I started out on a gessoed surface and added Neocolor II watercolour Crayons and gelato's with water,
 just swiping with a brush and a baby wipe.


I dried off the layers in between colours.  I sprayed with Shimmerz Vibez in Heidi Ho Blue Coloringz.....smoothed with a brush to further add colour to the page, and flicked the nozzle to the page splattering drops all over. I used Coloringz Lime in da coconut to enhance the green areas too, as its such a gorgeous vibrant color.


I coloured her dress in with the New Inklingz colour-Meet me at Sunset, which was just gorgeous.  So very luminescent.  I went around the edges with a big brush marker.  I shaded with some Neocolor II crayons as well.  Her hair has some streaks of Inklingz- Spotlight white.


I added colour to the balloon, and went over it with Beats me Inklingz, 
and added the shine with the spotlight white Inklingz again

I added my journaling around the edge and called it done!


So that's it from me today!

If you have not gotten your Shimmerz yet, then visit the website
and stock up.  
So many amazing products to choose from!

Have a wonderful weekend, and I hope you can fit some creative time into it!









No comments: