Saturday, July 26, 2014

Cuteness Layout with Amy Prior

Hi everyone!!! Eeekk I am so very honoured to be here presenting my first blog post as a Design Team gal for Shimmerz Paints! To say I am over the moon is the understatement of the century. I do hope that I inspire you all to get creative with your Shimmerz products and don't forget to head on over to the Shimmerz store here to stock up on all the goodies I have used today. Use my name in the comments when ordering and receive a free sample container of your choice woohoo!


Today I have a layout to share titled "Cuteness". Is this photo of my eldest daughter not totally cute or what? Those eyes, that hair, could melt anyone. To start off this layout I have added lots of gorgeous Shimmerz Inklingz to my background cardstock using a paint brush and lots of water. To get the nice watercolor blotched effect, I have sprayed lots of water on the cardstock to begin with and continued to add more water so it blended and splotched nicely. I use super technical terminology LOL.


When the inklingz on the background was dry, I have added some subtle masking over the top using a stencil with some Shimmerz Texturez. I seriously have to say that Texturez is my favorite texture addition and I rarely do a project without using it these days! I have also added lots of the Texturez to the tips of the petals on the flowers that I knew I wanted to use for the layout. I love adding paint, etc to the edges of petals it really gives it a nice different effect than just leaving the flowers as they are.


In amongst my layers of paper is a chipboard chicken wire that was given a rough coating of Shimmerz Texturez followed by a dash of Shimmerz Inklingz randomly to add some color. I then painted the chipboard branch green and the little birds purple all using Shimmerz Inklingz. If you get a nice thick consitency when mixing with water, there is no need to gesso or prime the chipboard first which is fabulous for people like me who likes to simplify as much as possible.


The final touches included some Clear Pebbles to highlight the gorgeous texture and shimmer of the background and some Shabby Resin pieces that were colored using Shimmerz Inklingz Paints.

Full Shimmerz Product List for this project include...
Shimmerz Inklingz Blue My Mind
Shimmerz Inklingz Meet Me @ Sunset
Shimmerz Inklingz Beets Me
Shimmerz Inklingz Pink-A-Boo
Shimmerz Inklingz Spotlight White
Shimmerz Texturez Tidy Widy

Don't forget you can click here to visit the Shimmerz Store and purchase all these fabulous products and more. Use my name in the comments section of your order and receive a free sample tub of your choice! What a bonus!

Well that is it from me today, I hope I have inspired you all to get creative with your Shimmerz products and until next time, Blessings from 
Amy Prior xx


No comments: