Saturday, July 24, 2010

Butterflies and Shimmerz

Happy Weekend! LG here blogging for Shimmerz Paints today. 

I know you have read a thousand times already how much we adore the different products of Shimmerz Paints. This is because it is worth telling about! Shimmerz Paints add sparkle and shimmer to any project you want to create. It gives that special touch to everything you use it on.

Today I would like to share with you a very easy and simple 8.5"x11" layout that I did. Initially I illustrated a butterfly pattern that I would like to use on my layout. Then I used my scanner to scan the image and duplicated it on Photoshop creating different sizes. Lastly, I printed them out and individually cut my image. This is what  I used as templates for my background effect.

The traditional way of draw and cut would also be fine. Simply draw the silhouette of any shape you would like to use on any leftover paper and cut them out.


These butterflies are recyclable and can be used several times. It can be used as masking or a template to create embellishments. Don't limit yourself. Try out several patterns like leaves, birds, stars, etc.

 Here is the layout that I finished using my butterfly templates:
"Do Not Disturb" Layout by LG Belarmino - Shimmerz Spritz Tuscan Sun, Sea Foam and Mango Madness; Shimmerz Vibez Sunset Strip; Shimmerz Pearlz Carrot Top and Sunny Side Up

Here is another layout using the same butterfly template:


6 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

This is utterly gorgeous!

Jill said...

Seriously LOVELY!

Roberta said...

I love butterflies!
Your work is very elegant!

JgWM said...

This is totally beautiful!

Christie Bryant said...

Love this! It's so beautiful!

Stac said...

All I can say is WOW!!!! Just gorgeous.