Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Shimmery Christmas


I love playing around with vintage images. When I found a Christmas Postcard kit by Crafty Secrets, I knew that they needed some Shimmerz to really shine!


First, in order to distress the images a little bit, I spritzed with Treasured Hymn. This is such a cool spritz. It immediately tones down any stark white images and gives them a beautiful slightly distressed look. Next, using Under the Sea Blingz, I added some texture and sparkle to my birds and other blue images. Aren't those birds gorgeous?


On the next ornament, I really got into Shimmerz and painted Santa's outfit with Royal Red so that it would stand out more. I also painted Gold Glimmer on Santa's furry spots to add texture. For dimension, I painted a chipboard star using Royal Red and I stamped a few holly leaves and painted them in with Celery.


The chunky, vintage-glass glitter quality of Gold Glimmer Blingz really shows up in my close-up.


I used Gold Glimmer Blingz again on another Santa along with Under the Sea Blingz on his gifts.


Here is a close-up so you can see the texture.


I hope that your Holidays are happy, healthy, and Shimmery!

xoxo
Bethany Kartchner

4 comments:

Lori S. said...

I LOVE LOVE Vintage prints but I never know where to find them...Also I tried the Treasured Hymn yesterday for my first time and I have to say, you are so right! I LOVE what it does to tone down and antique things like tea stain but with SPARKLE! Beauty-ful!!

Unknown said...

Oh girl, these ROCK! I love vintage items and these are just perfect. :)

Stac said...

Bethany I really like how you put a new twist to the vintage prints. You really gave them new life. They are wonderful!

Samantha McElyea said...

I love this vintage look! It stands out and you did an amazing job with it. (: