Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A perfect touch

I haven't made a scrapbook page for quite awhile that I did just for me. No requirements, just creating and being inspired by my favorite products. It's always fun to work like that because it seems to get me excited about creating again.


On this layout I found that Shimmerz paints added a perfect touch to many of my accents. First I painted chipboard pieces with a similar color of acrylic paints, then for the trees I used "Green Olive" Shimmerz and "Choc-lot" for the trunks. I added some red mini brads for the apples, but then topped them off with a dab on each of the "Flashee Fushia" Blingz. The fushia sort of mellowed out the bright red brads which I felt blended better with my other layout colors. (Click on photos for close ups!)














The little chipboard bird is coated with "December Sky" Blingz and I also added a quick wash along the green border of the layout in the same color. It looks awesome yet still earthy with my layout scheme-- sort of like nature's mica flakes mixed in amongst the grasses and dirt.


















The final Shimmerz touch was added to the alphabet stickers. I chose my letters, painted them up with "Choc-o-lot" right on the sticker sheet then peeled them off when dry and applied them to my layout.










Have a happy "National Scrapbooking Day"! Don't forget to add some shimmery accents for that "perfect touch" to your layouts.

Linda :-)





No comments: