Thursday, September 19, 2024

Love Lives Here | Melissa Minor | September 2024 Color Kitz

 

Hi Crafty Friends! Melissa Minor here on the blog. I'm excited to be sharing another layout with you. Today I'm using the September Color Kitz. I'm celebrating love the whole month long since my boyfriend Dale & I celebrated our 2 year dating anniversary this month. The pictures I'm scrapbooking are of us visiting our favorite sunflower field in Iowa. The very next day after our visit a storm came through and wiped out all these beautiful flowers for the rest of the season. I'm so happy we were able to go and visit when we did. 

To begin my layout I started with a piece of Mixed Media cardstock. I pulled a 12x12 stencil from my stash. The stencil actually has flowers and leaves on it. But I only wanted the leaves portion. So I used a foam ink dauber and brushed on a mixture of Distress Grit Paste and Vibez-Moss-Terious Green. The dauber gave me a little more control over where the mixture was applied. I love the soft look of the leaves with the green color mixed into the paste. Then I took some of the Moss-Terious Green and added a bunch of splatters. 

For my embellishments I fussy cut the flowers and leaves from the coloring sheet included in the Color Kitz. I placed the pieces on a low tack sticky mat and began painting them. I used Shimmerz-Limoncello for the flowers. I pulled out Vibez-Mustard Seed from my stash and applied to the center of my flowers. For the leaves I painted them with the Moss-Terious Green. It's hard to appreciate on camera how beautiful these embellishments really are. They sparkle and shine since they were painted with Shimmerz. They are so pretty! I wanted to pull the blue color from my dress onto the layout. I used one of the stickers that looks like a piece of washi tape and placed above my focal photo. Then to carry the blue around the page I used the blue sunflower dotz. You can see I also added a blue watering can sticker too. My layout needed a title. I went to my huge stamp collection and found just the perfect title. The stamp is from Close to My Heart - Love Lives Here. Now I have the blue color in three places on my layout.
Did you see the bonus bundle this month? Wow! The sequins are very eye-catching. I pulled the blue, green, and yellows to use on my page. I decided to add a whole line of them along the bottom of the layout. This was the perfect finishing touch! Be sure to add my name (Melissa Minor) to your Shimmerz Paints orders to receive a free gift. This also lets Shimmerz know I referred you. I  hope this layout has given you some inspiration for your Color Kit. That's all for me this month. Check out my process video below. I'll be back next month with the October kit. 

Happy Crafting,
Melissa Minor






No comments: