Wednesday, August 28, 2024

For The Shimmerz Paints Design Team, Charm Is The True Gift Of The Fairies

 


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new page for the amazing Shimmerz Paints! Go and see all the fun           treasures there! 

This is an 8 x 5 1/2 " journal I covered with watercolor paper. I wanted to be able to use it every day, so I didn't put as many items on as I usually do. I also wanted it to match my kitchen, so I used a lot of blue. Peacock's Plume and Blue My Mind are two of my all-time favorite colors.





 To make this cover, I stenciled Prima Platinum Texture  Paste with a small spatula onto watercolor                                                                                        paper.
I taped on flowers,glued on beads and other items, and brushed on Shimmerz Paints.I rubbed on gold and aqua mica powder on different areas. I added some white gesso because things were gettting too busy looking.                       





To add visual interest I added seed beads, glass beads, crystals, glass glitter,sequins, sisal, chipboard, tulle, flowers,,shells, pearls,sealing wax, and bling and metal from my stash.  A lot of the items are glued on individually with Glossy Accents. Some of the textural items are from Reneabouquets. I used fussy cut images from Graphic 45 papers.






Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!




No comments: