Friday, July 26, 2024

When life hands you lemons, make cake | July Color Kitz | Brandy Vaughn

Hello again, friends! Well, I never thought I would want to hang a layout about a cake on my wall but this layout has changed my mind. I will definitely be keeping this one on display for a while.


I began this layout by using a bunch of sprays to "paint" the lemons and leaves on the coloring sheet that comes in the kit. I started with the sprays that come in the kit and added several from my stash. Here is what I used: Coloringz-No Yolking (kit color), Color Splash-Squeeze The Day (kit color), Spritz-You're The Zest, Spritz-Tuscan Sun, Spritz-Bamboo Leaf, Vibes-Frost Bite, and Vibes Frogget Me Not.


Then I fussy cut the lemons and chose other elements from the kit that I wanted to use. Once I had them arranged, I glued them to each other so I could move them around as one piece.


At this point, I pulled a stencil from my stash and sponged on some Coloringz-No Yolking to add some interest underneath the cluster. I also grabbed some glitter alphas from my stash for the rest of my title: When life hands you lemons, Make Cake.


I am in love with how bright and happy this layout is! It fills my heart with joy.😄💛🔆
I hope it brings you joy also. 


You can check out my process video below. 
Don't forget to add my name to your Shimmerz order for a free paint.
xoxo
Brandy










 

No comments: