Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Sweet Summer Moments | March 2023 Color Kitz | Sarah Millerhouse

Hello, Shimmerz Paints friends! I am excited to share a new layout with you today featuring the March Color Kitz! I love the colors in this collection! I had so much fun letting them shine on both the background and on the cutfiles that came with the kit this month! I have a link to the full process video at the bottom of this post!


I started by adding texture paste to the background through a stencil from Peartree cutfiles. I let that dry, and then I added the beautiful colors from the March Color Kitz. I added the *NEW* Inklingz - Loose Lips Pink Ships, Vibez - Ocean Water, and Creameez - Paradise Punch. I turned the paper sideways and added the color, along with water, to let it run across the page. 


I love the shimmer and shine these mediums have, and that is intensified when you let it run over texture on the background.


I also cut the beautiful flowers from the two cutfiles that we got this month, and I used the same colors to paint the solid backing piece (created using the Contour tool in Cricut) behind the cutfile. I love that these flowers feature the same colors as the background and help tie everything together!


I paired up the Color Kitz with the Blooming Wild Collection by Paige Evans and also ephemera from the Print Shop collection by Vicki Boutin. I love how the corals, oranges, and mustard yellows contrast with the purples, pinks, and deep green in the Color Kitz. 


I have all of the details in the full process video linked below! Be sure to add my name to the comment section on your Shimmerz Paints order to get a free gift! 
















No comments: