Monday, March 20, 2023

Together Is The Best Place to Be - Joanne Bartell

Hello Crafty Friends! Today I am sharing my 12 x 12 layout using many gorgeous Shimmerz Paints colors, which I will list and link below. 

The collection I used is Cocoa Vanilla Studio's These Days. I started off my selecting several Shimmerz colors to match the beautiful neutral tones in this collection as follows: 


I wanted to make my own embellishments for this layout, so I started off with white card stock and applied gesso, then used the above-mentioned colors on the card stock, splattered with the Good as Gold, and let dry overnight. The next day, I cut out beautiful leaves with a HKC metal die set.


I designed a floral cluster on the left side of the layout cascading down from the 2 torn strips of pattern paper at the top of the page. 


I then came in with Cold As Ice and Peaches and Cream and outlined the borders of my photo, to bring in additional color from the papers and some extra shimmer. I placed two tags under the photo, placed a banner on the corner of the photo, and arranged a second floral/leave cluster.


There is a process video on my YouTube channel (link below), if you would like to see how this came together. Don't forget to leave my name in the comment box of your order to receive your FREE GIFT from Shimmerz Paints! Thanks for stopping by! 

Joanne



No comments: