Friday, July 15, 2022

Summer Memories/July 2022 Color Kitz/Rhonda Reno


 

Hello and welcome back for another scrapbooking layout showcasing the absolutely beautiful July 2022 Color Kitz! This month's kit is absolutely TO.DIE.FOR!  I love how my layout turned out and I have to give a large part of the credit to the amazing colors and elements in this kit.

I started my layout on plain white cardstock covered in clear gesso. I tend to almost always use gesso because I get pretty messy during the creative process.
I used all 5 colors in the kit to create backing pieces for my layered butterfly. For the green leaves I had the absolutely brilliant idea to mix two of the colors together rather than pulling a green from my stash. The Vibes "Sunset Strip" mixed with a little of the Inklingz "Frosty Buns" gave me a gorgeous green color and I was so excited at how well they blended.
While I admit that it took me several hours to back this cut file it was totally worth it because I'm head over heals in love with how it turned out!


The butterfly cut file comes with multiple layers but I actually just cut the base layer 4 times in coordinating cardstock colors. I layered them on top of one another and used craft foam near the center of each piece to add dimension to my butterfly. Photographs do not do justice to how amazing this looks in person but perhaps you get the general idea.


I love drawing and painting flowers for my layouts and that's exactly what I did here. Of course each floral is painted with the colors included in the kit. 

The kit also includes a 6x6ish palm frond stencil which I incorporated into my layout by mixing little of the Vibez "Razzledazzle Berry" with some texture paste and adding it to a separate sheet of white cardstock and then doing the same by mixing more texture paste with the Spritz "Practice What You Peach."  Once my texture paste was dry I fussy cut the fronds to use in the floral clusters on my layout.


I almost forgot to say that I used those same 2 colors on the mixed media background behind the butterfly, florals and photo.
I also added 2 of the epoxy Dotz included in the kit.

This photo of my granddaughter couldn't have been more perfect for this layout and especially the gorgeous cut file. 


I truly love this month's kit and I am thrilled with my layout.

Color Kitz are always limited so be sure and grab yours while you can...You never know when they'll sell out.

July 2022 Color Kitz

Thank you all for taking the time to visit the blog and I sincerely hope you've been inspired or motivated in some way to get creative. 

I'll leave you with a couple of final photos of my layout. 

Happy crafting!

Rhonda



 



No comments: