Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Celebrate | Mixed Media Layout using the March Color Kitz

 Hello Shimmerz people!

It's my turn on the blog today sharing this mixed media overload layout (seriously, it has about 5 layers of mixed media). You can grab the Color Kitz HERE and watch the process video for it HERE.


Part One

Using a sheet of textured white cardstock as my base, I sprayed and splattered the Sweet Heart Vibez. After waiting a bit for it to dry, I splattered 1 Hot Mama on as well. While waiting for some more drying time to pass, I started working on making a colorful frame for my photo. I acchieved this by using a scrap piece of white cardstock and painted a rectangle of The Perfect Pear unto it.

Part Two

While the frame and base were drying, I collected most of the embellishments that I would be using; they are a mixture from Cocoa Vanilla Studios and Pebbles. Once my items were dried, I used the stencil that comes with the kits and light and fluffy modeling paste for some even more mixed media goodness! I added in my photo, washi tape, cutfile and embelllishments as you see in the pictures; finalized it by adding in the Dotz that come in the kit and painted on some more pink with First Blush and Pink A Boo. 

Part Three

After writing in my journaling, I decided to create a border of The Perfect Pear around my layout for the extra pop of green.


That's it! Thank you so much for joining me today; I hope I've inspired you in some way to get your story documented. Be sure to use my name (LORIMAR) in the comments section of your next Shimmerz Order so you can receive a freebie!

- Lorimar

No comments: