Friday, October 15, 2021

Hello School Love | October Color Kitz | Lorimar Ortega

 Hey Shimmerz Family!

Today's layout features the October Color Kitz and, while the Kit certainly has so spookily gorgeous colors in it, I decided to use them in a non-Halloween, non-spooky layout. To view and possibly purchase your very own kit, click here. Read down below to see how it was made!

Let's get into it!

I began with a plain piece of white textured cardstock, and scraped clear gesso on it (white gesso works just as well, too) in a strip down the center horizontally. Once that dried, I added vertical brushstrokes of Black Magic, Carrot Top and Thunderstorm; I also splashed a bit of the Black Magic and Carrot Top at the ends. Matted my pictures on the orange patterned paper (by Simple Stories School Life) and added craft foam beneath them. Selecting a scrap piece of cardstock, I colored it with I'm Not Limon to use as a backing paper behind my title. The Color Kitz do include their own cutfile, but I wouldn't have worked with my theme for this layout so I chose one from COAPA Cutfiles

Once the cutfile was backed, I added craft foam beneath for extra dimension. I selected a frame from the die cut pack from the These Days collection (from Cocoa Vanilla Studios) and colored it with Plum Tuckered Out and Thunderstorm; then I cut it up to form "L's" and these were tucked at an angle beneath my pictures. My embellishments were selected from stash based on their color and theme; popped on two of the Dotz from the kit. Lastly, I splashed some I'm Not Limon, Plum Tuckered Out, and Black Magic.

That's it! Close-ups are down below; if you'd like to watch a process video on it, click here.

Thank you so much for joining me today; remember, you can get a freebie on your next Shimmerz order by typing "Lorimar" in the notes section.

- Shimmerz On,

Lorimar






No comments: