Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Wedding Photo At Beach, a Layout

 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team post for the amazing Shimmerzpaints! I love their                                                                    rich texture and colors!                                                    

                                 Photo credit: Brittney Weng, at Unsplash                    






To make this page I put the layers under the photo together first, including taping water color paper under the image to make it stronger and lie flat. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with white gesso.I sprinkled on Ultra Thick Embossing Powder, and heated it until it was just melted, and taped it to the background paper with double sided foam tape. Between the layers there's more cardboard, to give dimension.

 I put a layer of Clear Gesso on Prima paper. I applied Prima Platinum texture paste with a small spatula and a Crafter's Workshop Stencil.

I attached the flowers first with double sided foam tape. I added the beads, then the paint. I mixed colors together, and kept adding more. I rubbed on gold mica powder on raised surfaces and edges.


I used the following colors on the page,Pixie DustChristmas Cheer,Teal The End Of Time, and Ultra Marine ,Peacock's Plume  Shimmerz, Steely Blue Eyes , Dear John Letter,A Rose(By Any Other Name), Oakie Bear BluePink - A -BooFirst Blush, and Blue My Mind Inklingz. The brown color at the bottom left of the watercolor paper mat is Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz.
 


The colors I added to the page are the ones that are different than the aqua color of the paper.They're around the layers of paper and cardboard. 





To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, glass glitter ,glass beads, pearls, rhinestones, swarovski crystals,sequins, glass hearts,iridescent wrapping paper,fussy cut images from the Botanist's Sticker Anthology, lace,sisal,pressed flowers,a little cheesecloth,sealing wax,shells,metal from Reneabouquets,and Vintaj,flowers from  Reneabouquets ,and bling and metal from my stash. Most of the things are glued on individually with Glossy Accents. The chipboard and Printed Beautiful Board is from Reneabouquets.








Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!




No comments: