Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Stash Busting & Mixed Media | Shimmerz | Missy Whidden

Hey there, friends!  Missy here with a fun layout featuring some older stash from my shelves & lots of beautiful Shimmerz Paints :)  I dug around and found the Basic Grey Prism collection from 2014!  How do I still have this?!  I immediately started punching circles from all the patterned papers.  I chose matching Shimmerz and decided on a design.

I used thick smooth white cardstock for the background, and I coated it with clear gesso first.  I played around with all the circles and finally settled on this arrangement.  I glued them all down and then chose three small photos.  One of my favorite ways to use paints lately is to match them up to a shape and let the color sort of run from that shape.  In this case, I matched up the Shimmer to the circles and that's where I added the color.

Colors Used:

I either sprayed or used a brush to apply the colors to the paper and added a bit of water to spread it around.  I went through the collection and picked out stickers, chipboard pieces and a few more bits of paper to embellish with.  I also used three Shimmerz Dotz in a few places.
I love how soft these colors turned out when I blended them beside each other.  I added in some black thread for some added texture in a few places.  I combined a Maggie Holmes clear sticker with some Pink Paislee Puffy Alphas here for the title.  I used a black fine-tip Sharpie for my journaling.
I continued on with the circle motif here below the photos using some chipboard, die cuts, stickers and acetate pieces.  I also added in some sequins from SpeigelMom Scraps.  I found this cute black acetate ampersand in the die cut pack from this collection and it was perfect to use in between the photos.
I did messily smudge some white gesso over the circles.  You can see how they look a little cloudy in places.  I love that look!  I splattered most of the colors on top of them and then I machine stitched through each row of circles using black thread.
I used a few of Crafy Jen Schow's stamps in a few places...I love stamping and don't do it enough.  I needed some pops of the mint color down on the bottom of the page, so I added some sequins and thread.
Here more close-ups of all the details :)



  

I hope this inspires you in some way.  Sometimes it's fun to pull out something you haven't used in a long time and use that for your color scheme.  This collection determined my Shimmerz colors, and I love how it all came together.  

Be sure to check out my process video to see all of the paints in action!

https://youtu.be/cX8CG-HGzuE

 

Thanks for stopping by, and Happy New Year!

 

No comments: