Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Trick Or Treat - Melissa Larson

 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team post for the amazing Shimmerzpaints! I love their rich texture and colors! 







To make this card I used paper from 49 And Market, glued on top of a card made from watercolor paper. The image is from Tim Holtz paper dolls. 

I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board frame, figured out where it would go on the page, and prepped it with white gesso. I painted it with Green Olive Shimmerz and Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. On the small star at the right I used Plum Crazy and Imperial Amethyst Inklingz.On each of them I poured on a thick layer of Clear Rock Candy Crackle.

I applied texture paste to the background with a bubble stencil from Prima. I painted all the raised areas of the paste with Green Olive Shimmerz and Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. I put Plum Crazy and Imperial Amethyst Inklingz on the background. 






To add visual interest I used Glossy Accents to put on micro beads, seed beads, gold leaf,swarovski crystals,glass shard glitter,glass beads,pearls,iridescent wrapping paper,tulle,pressed flowers and leaves,bark,feathers left by birds at the bird bath outside,shells,fussy cut images from Graphic 45,flowers from Reneabouquets, metal from Tim Holtz and and bling and metal from my stash.I rubbed and flicked on gold and purple mica powder.





The white area to the right of the boy is  Dear John Letter ,it's also at other areas of the card.

 







                                        Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!
















1 comment:

Ann Marie Governale said...

Another fantastic creation! Love it and as a lover of all things spooky and Halloween, I love it even more! xxx