Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Totally Chill | Mixed Media Layout with embellishment wreath.

Hello there!
Need to bash some serious embellishments? Read on through to find out how I made this embellishment-filled layout with lots of mixed media.

For starters, my base is white textured cardstock. I sprayed Oh Say Can You See, Heidi Ho Blue, In Deep and Freshly Squeezed to create my first layer of color. Waited for it to dry a bit before adding my second layer with some white acrylic paint. Now, the way I added my white acrylic paint was by placing a medium-sized bowl, placed it over-turned in the center and began splattering the paint. This allowed for the paint splatters to fall outside of my wreath and helped create the shape of where I would be adding my embellishments later on.
Once this second layer was dry, I added some Puttin' On The Glitz texture paste right in the middle of my wreath for a bit of interest. Finally, once everything was dry, I began to work on creating my embellishment wreath.
I pulled out some random Summer-themed embellishments that were on the larger side and glued these on first. Then I added some of the plastic daisies from the March Color Kitz and stuck down some stars from my stash. To finalize my layout, I want crazy adding Nuvo Drops in at least 4 different colors. 


That's it!
Thank you so much for sticking around!
If you would like to see how I made it, click here.
Remember, you can get some free paint by typing "Lorimar" in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order.
Take care,
-Lorimar





No comments: