Tuesday, June 9, 2020

June Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

Hey friends! Brianna Lepper here and I'm excited to share my layout using the newly released June Color Kitz!  The colors in this kit are fantastic and perfect to document all of your Summer photos!  For $29.95 + shipping, here's what you get this month!

Boogie Boardin' Blue Creameez
Sunset Strip Vibez
Sunkissed Inklingz
Pool Me Close Shimmerz
Pretty in Pink Coloringz
Orange Sherbet Shimmerz
1 exclusive Sunkissed Flower cut file created by Shimmerz Paints
1 wavy textured stencil
1 set of "Summer Vibez" Dotz
1 package of Minty Meadow Sequins from "Spiegelmom Scraps"



So beautiful right?? Here's my layout:




First, I cut the exclusive cut file from the Kit on some textured white cardstock.  Then, I started painting and spraying on the colors onto each petal from the cut file.  I kept the first set of petals in pinks, yellows and oranges and then painted the outer petals using the blues in the kit.  I sprayed the positive portion of the cut file using the Pretty in Pink Coloringz with one or two sprays of Sunset Strip Vibez.  


While those pieces were drying, I got to work on my foundation page.  I prepped a piece of thick white cardstock with some white gesso and got out some Tidy Widy Texturez from my stash.  I then took the stencil from the kit and applied the Tidy Widy Texturez through the stencil.  Once that was dry, I took the Pool Me Closer Shimmerz and the Boogie Boardin' Blue Creameez and added a bit of both right on top of the Texturez paste.  I wanted a few pops of yellow so I took the Sunset Strip Vibez and painted some of that on in a few places.  


Now that my background was finished, I adhered the cut file down and started adhering the painted petals down into the cut file.  I added some foam tape to the petals to give them all dimension.  I wanted to make sure they popped off of the page.  


The inner piece to the flower was perfect for a sequin shaker and that's exactly what I turned it into!  Since sequins are included in this kit, it was such a great idea.  Since the cut file already had the circles cut out, it was so easy to create the shaker.  Make sure to check out my process video below! 


I ended up using all 3 of the Dotz that came in the kit and made sure to scatter them around the page. I added some tangled thread underneath each one and I love how it gives it more color and texture.  


I added a simple title and embellished around my photos.  I love how bright and colorful this came out!  Not to mention all of the texture and dimension that this layout has.  So fun!


The colors in this kit just scream Summer!!  


Thank y'all so much for stopping by today!  Make sure to check out the Color Kitz this month and don't forget to add my name in the notes/comments section of your next order and you'll receive a free gift!  

Check out my process video here













No comments: