Friday, March 20, 2020

Super Heroes Enjoy Splash Time And Sunshine | Mixed Media Layout with Large Title w/ Process Video

Hello everyone!

It's Lorimar, sharing this "very-much-outside-my-comfort-zone" layout today. In keeping with the Spring Forward Challenge, I haven't used any patterned paper, but I compensated that by adding a large title and lots of mixed media. Link to process video: https://youtu.be/zC09VZlZSSE


The inspiration for this layout came from leftovers I had from some cutfiles. They are the negatives of titles cutfiles that I had used in other layouts. So decided to put them to good use; these words were "Super Heroes", "Splash", and "Sunshine". To add some proper grammar into the mix, I added the words "enjoy", "time", "and" by using thickers from my stash.
If you are interested, those cutfiles were designed by Virginia Walker for Confessions of a Paper Addict.

Now let's jump into how I made it all come together. I selected white cardstock as my base and covered it with clear gesso. To add a bit of texture and dimension, I added stars unto it using a 12x12 stencil and modeling paste. Once it was dry, I sprayed Heidi Ho Blue (Coloringz), Jenni B Bleu (Vibez), and In Deep (Coloringz) unto the background and tilted the base here and there to allow the colors to blend a bit. Setting my base aside, I worked on the negatives from the cutfiles. "Super Heroes" was sprayed with Granny Gray (Vibez), "Splash" was colored with Jenni B Bleu (Vibez), and Sunshine with revamped with Lil' Yellow School Bus (Coloringz) and Tuscan Sun (Vibez).


I set everything aside to dry and, in the meantime, began to look around my stash for embellishments. Since I had 4 photos and a big title, I knew that my embellishments had to be on the smaller side. Finally, to bring everything together, I popped the bigger words of the title on some craft foam, trying to work the photos in around them. Added thickers in to finish off the title and then added in an embellishment cluster for each of the photos.

And done! Thank you so much for looking; I really hope that I've inspired you to use up anything you may have on hand. I also hope that you join for the Spring Forward Challenge and share your project with us over on the Facebook Group.


Also, you can receive some free paint by typing "LORIMAR" in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order.

Take care friends!
- Lorimar


No comments: