Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Shenanigans are Afoot

Hello Shimmerz friends!

I sincerely hope that you and your families are doing well as we manuever through these unchartered waters. As a teacher, I am home for six weeks but truly wishing I were back in the classroom with my students. However, since I'm not, I have been spending a lot of time in my craft room creating. I suppose I'll suffer through it.

Today, I want to share a layout I created using the following Shimmerz products:



To create the background, I quite literally poured small amounts of the paints onto a mat and smeared a bit of the Dazzlerz in random places. Next, I took a piece of Vicki Boutin mixed media paper and pressed it onto the mat several times and in several places. 


The next step was to paint the same colors in different areas to add more saturated color. Once the background was completely dry (this took a while), I used some Elle's Studio stamps to add sentiments on top of the paints. After stamping the sentiments, I used a stencil with black ink to add the triangle shapes.


With the background done, I went to work layering papers and embellishments from Carta Bella's Family Night collection around the photo. I have to say that the quality of my picture is not the best, but it captures my kiddos perfectly.


I added the title using Thickers as well as enamel dots from the same collection. 


I love how the background looks with the bright colors of the papers and embellishments.

Here's one last look at the completed layout.


Remember, if you need supplies, stop by the Shimmerz Shop! Type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout to receive a freebie with your order!

Thank you so much for stopping by today - I hope you are inspired to create.

- Jennifer


No comments: