Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Sweet | Color Kit Cut File Layout with Process Video

Hello Everyone!

Thank you so much for joining me today and viewing how to make this "envelop explosion" layout. Ever since I first saw this gorgeous cutfile (designed by Samantha Robles for the February Color Kitz), I fell in love with it! I instantly knew that I wanted to create a layout which would convey the idea of a dropped envelope full of mementos with its contents spilling out, and after finding out memory I wanted to document, I got to work. So, let's get to it! (Process video is linked at the end of this post).

Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I wanted to use more pinks and reds in this layout, and in order to tie in the photos with my color scheme, I added a bit of blue into the mix. I began by cutting out the cutfile; Altered it a bit to have some extra hearts in various sizes and made sure that that envelope within the cutfile measured at least 4x5. This is so my pictures could really seem like that really did spill out of the envelope.


Then came the process of coloring all of the elements in my layout. Listed below are the colors and where I used them:
Background
- Peacock's Plume (Shimmerz)
- Coral Reef  (Inklingz)
- Cheeky Pink (Creameez)
- Pink Caviar (Shimmerz)
- Pink (Shimmerz)
- 1 Hot Mama (Creameez)
- Pip Pip Cherry-O (Shimmerz)
- Dear John Letter (Inklingz)
- Bubble Gum Blast (Shimmerz)
Hearts and Envelops Over Lay
- Razzle Dazzle Berry (Vibez)
- Cotton Candy (Spritz)
- Bed of Roses (Spritz)
- Jeni B Bleu (Vibez)
- Goldie Lox - (Shimmeringz)


Once all my items were dry and my pictures were matted on craft foam, I placed the envelope with the envelope cut file laid over it at the bottom left-hand corner followed by the pictures placed at an angle as if spilling from the envelope. Then I spent some time rearranging the hearts all around the pictures; some of the hearts are placed on craft foam, others laid on top of each others, and still others are glued directly unto the background.

After this, I added some pink, yellow and white sequins from Spiegel Mom Scraps that I had in my stash (Freezin' for a Reason). I then splattered some Miner, Miner 49er all around the layout to tie things together and add a pop of gold. Wrote my journaling on some scrap pieces of yellow cardstock and added a border around my layout using Jenni B Bleu and a brush.


I loved how this turned out! It had many processes, but I loved playing around with the colors and cutfile. Hope I've inspired you to get your story documented. Remember, you can get some free paint by writing my name in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order. 

Process video: https://youtu.be/0wryaEJ3RMg 

See you soon!



No comments: