Monday, December 16, 2019

December Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

Hey y'all!  Brianna here with a new layout using the December Farmhouse Color Kit that you can find here.  This kit was so fun to play with and I absolutely LOVE the exclusive Dots that also come in this kit!  Here are the Shimmerz colors that come in the kit:  Vibez in Snow Storm, Shimmerz in Run Forest and Wed Wagon and lastly, Blingz in Gold Glimmer.  This kit is $15.95 and is available in the shop through the end of December.  Make sure to snag yours today!


 For this layout, I used a the Ho, Ho, Ho cut file by Paige Evans.  As soon as I got this kit, I knew I wanted to highlight all of the pretty Christmas colors so I made sure to choose a cut file that would allow me to do so. This one was perfect!


I didn't prep my white cardstock with gesso this time, I just went ahead and applied the Shimmerz right onto it.  I love how bold and rich the colors came out with all of that shimmer!! I started with Wed Wagon Shimmerz and then moved onto Gold Glimmer Blingz and finally, Run Forest Shimmerz. 


Gold Glimmer Blingz is so pretty!


These Kitz are fabulous, all of the work is done for you! I didn't have to think as to which colors I would use.  I just pulled it out and started creating.  Look how gorgeous that Run Forest Shimmerz is!  I applied the Snow Storm Vibez onto the snowflakes and though it's hard to tell in the photos, you can really see the the beautiful shimmer in person.  


After the entire painted cut file was completely dry, I started embellishing and kept it pretty simple.  The cut file is pretty large and took up most of the page so I just added a few bits and pieces here and there.   I love adding thread behind the Dotz on all of my layouts.  I love the look and added texture it gives.


This was such a fun layout to create.  This kit made me step out of my comfort zone and had me creating with colors I normally wouldn't reach for.  That's another reason why I love these kits!  


 Thank y'all so much for stopping by and check out my process video below.   When placing your next order, don't forget to mention my name and you'll receive a free gift!





No comments: