Saturday, November 23, 2019

Smile Mixed Media Layout | Missy Whidden

Happy Saturday, friends!  Missy here with a new layout featuring lots of beautiful Shimmerz colors.  I wanted to create a Fall page, so I decided to go with a fun leaf design.  I used a leaf stencil with some Glass Bead Gel.  It's thick like gel medium but has tiny clear beads mixed in.  I scraped it over the stencil with a palette knife over some white cardstock and let it dry.  Then I  painted each leaf with various colors of Shimmerz (original formula).  I used the following colors:

These colors together make such a soft pretty color palette.  The glass bead gel creates some amazing texture, and I love how dimensional the leaves turned out.  I used white cardstock as my background, and I coated a lot of that with clear gesso.  I used those same colors mixed with a bit of water to spread and blend, and then added some splatters.


Once the leaves were dry, I fussy cut them out and scattered them around the page.  I also added some stamps to the background.  I used leaf stamps from the Bed of Roses and Fresh Start Stamp Sets.  I used a gold ink pad to stamp those directly onto the background.


I used some white tissue paper with metallic gold dots as a layer behind my photos, and tucked in some hot pink thread here.  I used an older matte gold Thicker as my title.


I absolutely am in awe of this amazing texture!  The Shimmerz worked very well on the glass bead gel.  I also used the same stencil to trace a few leaves onto some vellum.  I cut those out and machine stitched on them using gold thread.


I love the original Shimmerz...it's always SO shimmery and glittery!  I did use a bit of Inklingz Miner Miner 49er on the leaves and background as well.  It's my favorite gold.


Here are more detailed images.  I always take a ton :)






I hope this inspires you in some way.  I love how this turned out!  I'm so sorry there is no video for this layout.  My YouTube channel was hacked last week, and it was removed altogether.  I was no longer able to even log in.  Google is investigating and working on it, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Thank you for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!



Don't forget to mention my name when you make a purchase and check out in the Shimmerz Store...you'll get a freebie paint to try!


No comments: