Monday, October 14, 2019

Make It Happen


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team page for the Shimmerz Paints Color Challenge. This month, we picked out a color we wouldn't normally use. This shade of blue,Ultra Marine Shimmerz,is kind of cold. In the end, I liked having a page that was out of my color zone.  





To make this page I applied texture paste to watercolor paper with an old credit card. I put the layers under the photo together,starting with taping on card stock under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a layer of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface, and painted it with gesso. While it was wet I poured on Ultra Thick Embossing Powder, and heated it until it was just melted. I put two layers of cardboard between the layers to add dimension. 

I put the layers with the photo onto the page.

I picked out Beautiful Board, applied gesso with a brush, painted with gold mica powder and water,  applied a thick layer of Clear Rock Candy Crackle, and glued the BB on the page.

I brushed on water on the bg paper and added Shimmerz Paints. I used Ultra Marine Shimmerz , Pixie Dust Shimmerz, and Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. I used the blue and copper colors on the watercolor mat, and on the corrugated.





To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, gold leaf,copper leaf,glass, distress ,and metal glitter, glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals, rhinestones,sequins, pressed flowers and leaves,lichen, strands of cheesecloth,tulle,lace,iridescent wrapping paper, Prima flowers, a Reneabouquets flower, pieces of floral picks,metal from Tim Holtz, and bling and metal from my stash.






I splashed Higgins white ink around the page. 

I used some Prima and Finnabair stamps with black ink.

I edged the the corrrugated, watercolor paper mat, and some of the chipboard with Amsterdam Black Ink.

I used a lot of gold mica powder around the page.





The pearl and rhinestone metal pendant is from Tim Holtz.




Thanks so much for looking, and have a great week!




No comments: