Monday, August 12, 2019

Summer Treat - August Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

Hey y'all! Brianna here with a fun Summery layout using the August Edition Color Kitz!  This Kit is absolutely beautiful and is perfect to document your Summer moments!  They are $15.95 and here's what's included in it:

Shimmerz Exclusive Ice Cream Crazy Cut File
SpiegelMom Scraps Sprinkle Time Sequin Mix
1 oz bottle of Heidi Ho Blue Coloringz
1 oz bottle of Hermit the Frog Vibez
Pink Shimmerz
Sunkissed Inklingz




Here's my layout using the Kit!  Colors added from my stash: Vibez Sweet Heart and Shimmerz Baby's Breath

As soon as I saw the cut file, I knew I wanted to create a shaker with the popsicle.  I cut the cut file out on some white cardstock in my stash and added a transparency to create the window.  I added some foam tape on top of it, added the sequins and backed it with some vellum.  I love how it turned out and love how the sequin mix looks in the popsicle. So fun!



I painted each inside piece of the ice cream cones using the colors in the Kit.  The bright colors in this kit are so pretty and they really do look like ice cream!

For my background, I wanted to use the same colors that I used on my ice cream cones.  So I added gesso to another piece of plain white cardstock and applied each color separately on the page.  I sprayed some clean water to help the colors blend and move.  



I added my title using some Thickers and some puffy alpha stickers and added some ephemera pieces around my page.  


The colors really pop in this kit and they really compliment each other.  The original Shimmerz has so much shimmer and shine, I love that my ice cream cone is so sparkly!


I hope that I've inspired you today!  Check out the Color Kitz if you haven't had a chance to. They really are a great deal and it's so much fun to have all of the colors already picked out for you on top of the extras that you get in each Kit.  Thank you so much for stopping by and we will see you in the next one!

Here's my process video showing how I created this fun Summer layout!





No comments: