Saturday, July 13, 2019

Guest Designing : Paige Taylor Evans

I created a layout using the Missy Whidden Color Kitz: The July Edition and the cut file I created to go along with it!
Sweet Summer Days by Paige Evans
This color kit includes:
* exclusive package of 3 “Under the Weather” Dotz
* 2 oz bottle of an exclusive new color: In Deep Coloringz
* Jar of Marigold Shimmerz
* Jar of Corney Flower Blue Inklingz
*2 oz bottle of Lil' Yellow Skool Bus Coloringz

 I started by die cutting my sunburst & clouds cut file from white textured cardstock, removed the cut file, and left the inner pieces on the cutting mat. I coated the inner pieces on the mat with gesso and let it dry.
Once the inner pieces were dry I covered them with Shimmerz! I used the colors in the July kit as well as a few other pinks, blues, and yellows, to create a sunset color scheme.
 On another piece of 12x12 white textured cardstock I splashed watered down white acrylic paint and let it dry. Then I adhered the cut file with dimensional adhesive to the center. I carefully placed the colored inner pieces into their spots, only placing adhesive in the center back of each piece to let them bend and lift up, creating lots of dimension & shadows.

 I found a picture of my daughter Jane from a few years ago that matched this page perfectly and printed it to 3" square, trimming it out leaving a white border. I tucked the photo into the clouds and began embellishing with the new Just a Little Lovely collection from Pinkfresh Studio.
I created the title with a mix of stickers and stitched over them so they stay in place permanently. I tucked a few more embellishments around the page tone-on-tone to create texture & interest. I wrote journaling around the curve of the cut file and finished with three sets of three light orange enamel dots around the edges.

I hope you are inspired to check out the Missy Whidden Color Kitz: The July Edition along with the cut file I designed exclusively for this kit! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: