Monday, June 24, 2019

Choose To Be Happy


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team page for the amazing Shimmerz Paints! These paints are so wonderfully glimmery and delightful. I love to use them! The chipboard and a lot of the textural elements are from Reneabouquets. The photo is from free google by Stella de Libero.





To make this page, I put the layers under the photo together, I taped on card stock under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a layer of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I ripped off a lot of the paper from the cardboard, and painted it with gesso.I put layers of foam core board between everything, to add dimension. I stenciled on texture paste, and then added color to it and the background watercolor paper. I used A Rose (by any other name)  , Olive U Truly Inklingz, and Christmas Cheer Shimmerz .






I picked out Beautiful Board, sponged on gesso,then painted it with Shimmerz Paints, and when dry, topped it with a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint. The colors I used are:A Rose(by any other name, and Green Olive Shimmerz . I added First Blush Inklingz  on top. The brown on the page and chipboard is Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. You can also see gold mica powder, I dabbed it on to sort of tie everything together. The background colors also include Imperial Amethyst Inklingz, and a lot of the First Blush. I used all the above colors on the stenciled areas,watercolor paper and cardboard under the photo.





To add visual interest I added micro beads, glass glitter,metal and distress glitter, seed beads,glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals,rhinestones,pressed flowers,lichen,leaves,bark, Prima flowers, lace,   metal from Tim Holtz,wire, and my stash, and bling from my stash.


























Thank you so much for looking,and have a great week!










No comments: