Friday, November 9, 2018

Love You A bushel & A Peck Layout | Nicole Kerr

Hello there Shimmerz fans!

Nicole here and today I have a fun fall layout to share with you!
Fall is absolutely one of my favorite times of year to document. I have so many fall embellishments, but for some reason, not too many fall papers.  When this happens, I love to create my own papers or paper pieces to coordinate with my embellishments! Today, I used just 3 Shimmerz projects to create lots of fabulous fall leaves to bring my layout together.  Here's a quick look at my final project:


I began by creating my leaves because I knew they would take a bit to dry.  I used my Silhouette Portrait to cut out several different sizes of maple leaves. Once cut, I added several layers of Vibes Glorious Day, Inklingz Greener Pastures and original Shimmerz Pumpkin to create the fall coloring.  



I put those aside to completely dry and started on the frame around my photo.  This frame is a beautiful fall maple leave chipboard circle from Scrapaholics Chipboard. Its detail and delicacy is absolutely stunning!  I coated the entire frame with white gesso then layered on the same 3 Shimmerz colors so it matched my leaves. While all of that was drying, I added in small bits of Texturez Gold Mine thru a circle stencil for a little added texture and more gold color.

 Once everything was dry, I began layering my leaves, frame, photo and added in all of the small embellishments, tucking them in between and behind the leaves to make it look like they were peaking out. Once everything was placed and adheared, I backed my entire layout onto a piece of brown wood grain paper to tie the brown all together.  Here are the close ups of my final project:








The Shimmerz products I used on today's layout are:
Shimmerz Pumpkin
Inklingz Greener Pastures
Vibes Glorious Day
Texturez Gold Mine

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you got inspired!
Be sure to mention my name in the notes section during check out for a free surprise Shimmerz product (details below)!




No comments: