Friday, August 17, 2018

Handmade TN Cover | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz Fans!

Nicole here and today I've got a great project where mixed media meets a new travelers notebook!
So I've been falling in love with all of the newer TNs that I've seen on social media and I really wanted to create one of my own using the ring system. TNs seem to be my first go-to when it comes to scrapping lately. I love the small size and how fast they come together. I find though that my pages are still quite bulky because I love my embellishments! lol! I'm hoping that this new ring binding will be more forgiving as opposed to the stapled binding of traditional TNs. Here's a quick look at my finished project:


For this project, I fell in love with a piece of 12x12 paper from my stash and used that as my inspiring piece to create the cover. (The covers were created using chipboard that I cut down to size.) I let the colors in the paper and watercolor look inspire me to create my own hand painted flowers and leaves. I used Coloringz in Oh Say Can U Sea for the leaves, Coloringz peachy Keen, Spritz Walkin' A Tight Heliotrope and Well Blue Me Down for the flowers. I simply added layers of color on top of each other to get the look. Once my flowers were finished, I misted them with Shimmeringz Baby's Breath to give it a soft shimmery look (Coloringz do not contain any shimmer, they are a flat color.). Once my flowers were dry, I layered them with foam adhesive onto my cover and added a few bits from my stash for added detail.  Once all pieces and layers were in place, I gave the flowers one final touch of Paste-eez Puttin' On The Glitz and just applied it to the darkest areas of the flowers. In the light, it catches such the most beautiful sparkle! For my final detail, I found a "story" wood veneer in my stash and added a few layers of Spritz Walkin' a tight Heliotrope. This gave it the perfect dark purple color and just made it all come together! Once the Spritz was dry, I did give it a coat of glossy accents to make it look more of an "enamel" piece and shiny. Here are a few other close ups of my project:







Here are the links to the products that I used in today's project:

Thanks so much for joining me today!
I hope you have been inspired!

Don't forget to mention my name at checkout when you make a purchase for a free surprise!




No comments: