Wednesday, August 15, 2018

"Adore" with Sandi Clarkson

Hello, Shimmerz fans! 
Thanks for coming by today.  Sandi Clarkson here with you today. 
This morning  I have a layout featuring a special photo of my cousin's granddaughter. 


I've used one of my favorite pieces of chipboard from Creative Embellishments (the Steampunk Gear Panel) as a paper layer. I love seeing how many different ways I can alter them ... although my fave for this Steampunk piece seems to be as you see it here with 3 colors of Rust Paste, sprinkles of aged gold embossing powder with a "darkened edge" achieved with my Shimmerz Coloringz Chocolate Brownie and a few shots of Vibez Hot Fudge.  Altering large pieces of chipboard like this is very therapeutic for me! 



Of course, as always I wind up covering more of my chipboard than I intended. It's hard to see the effect of the Vibez Glorious Day but it created a neat accent. Here are some close-ups of the piece which has been cut apart for my use here:




My background is created using clear gesso, then super heavy gesso pushed through my Creative Embellishments stencil. I added some awesome color with a transfer technique of my Shimmerz Vibez Mango Tango



Nice shot of how the Chocolate Brownie Coloringz darkens the edge to give a vintage vibe.




I've used the large CE chipboard piece across the top and as a title. It was darkened with my Shimmerz  Chocolate Brownie Coloringz which was then highlighted with my Shimmerz Vibez Hot Fudge. The Vibes gives a nice glow. Such a great way to alter chipboard! One last embellishment was a Creative Embellishments flair that I tucked in amongst my florals.

Lots of gorgeous Fall colored flowers complete the project. 

Thanks for coming by today!
As always, when placing a retail order from the store, be sure to add
my name SANDI in the comments for a free product surprise! 

Shimmerz Products used: 


No comments: