Saturday, June 16, 2018

Shimmerz & Cut Files | Missy Whidden

Hello again, Shimmerz friends!  Missy here, and I have a new layout to share.  I began this page with a fun cut file.  I cut Paige Evans' Folded Circles cut file on white cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo.  Before peeling everything off the cutting mat, I covered the entire sheet with various Shimmerz.  I used lots of pinks, oranges, blues and golds including Coloringz, Vibez, Shimmerz (original paints) and Inklingz.  (I'll list all the colors I used below).  I basically sprayed, splattered and scraped the paints and inks all over the paper and let it dry.  Once I peeled all the circles off, I used the score lines on the circles to fold the edges up.  I love how it all turned out!


In the beginning, it seemed like I was just making a big colorful mess.  That's the fun part of coloring a plain cut file.  When you peel it up, it turns into magic.  I made the circles different sizes so I could create a collage or a mosaic type of design with them.


Here you can really see the shimmer and shine from all the paints.  After I used the sprays, I coated a few areas with some of the original Shimmerz Paints in two of the newest colors: Pool Me Closer and Pink-o de Mayo.  I also painted on some Bumbly Bee and Candlelight for extra gold shine.  Those gold splatters on the left there are from Inklingz Miner Miner 49er.


I really love the texture and dimension of these circles.  Look at all that shiny shimmer!  So pretty.


I didn't go too heavy with embellishments since the circles took up most of the page.  I used some Amy Tangerine clear stickers around the photo as well as some tangled thread.


Another look at the pretty shimmer here...the Candlelight and Miner Miner 49er really shine in the light.


I used more Amy Tangerine hearts here on the right side of the picture.  I mixed and matched some gold Thickers with some Amy Tangerine chipboard for my title.


Here's one last close-up of all the colors and texture.


I hope this gives you some ideas to try on your next project.  This idea allows you to "make a mess" first and then make it more of a controlled look by using the cut file.  It's really fun to do!  I have a process video here showing how I made it all come together.



Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Inklingz--Miner Miner 49er



No comments: