Monday, June 25, 2018

DOW Spotlight: Missy Whidden


Happy Monday Friendz! I hope you had a wonderful Summer weekend. July is almost here and we have some fun stuff coming up with Shimmerz Paints this next month. So stay close by!

This week, we're featuring one of our longtime designers; Missy Whidden! Missy has been with us since 2015. She's been a huge and lovable asset to our growing team, as well as company. Her ideas, as well as work, are for both new designers and experienced designers. Her love of color and paint never ceases to amaze us. She's apart of our YouTube Education Team, spotlighting her layouts monthly. Make sure you subscribe to both her channel, as well as our channel to see what she's up to!
Let's learn a little bit more about Missy and you'll see why we adore her so much.




Missy, How long have you been designing? 
I’ve been designing for almost 12 years.

What would you say your designing style is? 
 I describe my style as Organized Chaos.  I love getting messy with paints and inks, but I also love having everything in place.  I love using cut files, stitching and lots of color!     
            
Who inspires your work? 
 I’m inspired by so many scrappers because everyone brings something different to the table.  Some of my favorites are Paige Evans, Lorilei Murphy & Jana McCarthy.                
Bright colors or neutral colors? 
Definitely bright colors!
What is your favorite Shimmerz Paints color(s)? 
My all-time favorite Shimmerz color is Vibez Jeni B Bleu.  I also love Coloringz Well Blue Me Down, Spritz Ruby, Vibez Sweetheart.

What is your favorite Shimmerz Paints Product(s)?
My favorite Shimmerz Paints products are the Vibez.  I just love the bold colors with the shimmer and shine mixed in.
   
What is one piece of advice you would give to someone who is starting to learn how to design? 
My advice would be to play around with products you love until you discover your style.  Don’t compare your work to anyone else’s.  Start small and keep practicing at your favorite techniques until you love how they look.
             
What do you love about being with the Shimmerz Paints Team? 
 I love being on the Shimmerz Team because I love showcasing all the different paints and colors in different ways.  I love inspiring other crafters and giving them new ideas to try using these wonderful products.  Plus the owners are super awesome, and so is the team!

What is one fun fact about you or your work that you would like to share with our readers? 
One fun fact about me is that when I first started scrapping, I had no idea what mixed media was.  I only used paper, stickers and deco scissors back in the day.  I don’t even remember when I discovered inks or gesso, but I’m so glad I did!

1 comment:

Kelly Made It said...

Lucky you to have Missy on your team and lucky us for all her gorgeous and creative Inspirations! I love every moment I can sit and watch her wonderful process video's. I've learned so much to help me discover my own style too! Cheers ya' all !