Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Grow With Grace Bible Entry with Nicole

Hello friends! 
Nicole here and today I'm blessed to be sharing with you a bible journal entry using my Shimmerz Paints! Today's entry is 2 Peter 3:18, "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." 

We all struggle at some point in time in our lives. Weather it's financially, emotionally, with our jobs or maybe just trying to remember who we truly are as a person. I'm personally going thru a time in life where big changes soon lie ahead and I'm learning quickly who my true friends are in life. They are the ones who have decided to travel this journey with me, beside me, and not just observe from far away because it's easier.  As I thought about what I'm going thru and really read this verse, it spoke to me. As long as you root yourself if Jesus's teachings, listen, and live your life how he has taught us to live, you will simply grow with grace.  

Here is an overview of the final entry:

 
 When I think of "growing with grace," I think of the cactus. How "sharp" or rigid it may be, but with the grace of nature, it blooms beautiful flowers. I began my entry by prepping my page with clear gesso. Once that was fully dry, I used Honey Do List, Refresh Mint and Greener Pastures to create the mix of colors in the cactus and the ground. When it was mostly dry, I used Berry Hot, She Packs a Punch and Bahama Mama for the pink flowers. I brushed on plain water in the background and added in spots of Ride the Tide and blue Lagoon to create the sky. Once all the layers of color were fully dry, I used my white gel pen and black fine tip marker to add in the details and highlights on the cactus.  I pulled random alpha stickers and phrases from my stash to create the title of the page, "Root yourself in Jesus & grow with grace."  For the tab, I chose a flower ephemera piece and tab to mark the page and accented it with pink and orange heart enamel stickers.  Here are a few close ups of my entry:





 ...and all the shimmery paints that I used!...


Thanks so much for joining me today!




 







No comments: