Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Summer Fun Layout with Missy

Hey, friends!  Missy here.  I have a fun Summer layout to share today.  I decided to create an artsy background using several different Shimmerz products.  I chose three colors to start with: Spritz Caribbean Sunset, Vibez Pop Art Pink and Coloringz No Yoking.  I used two different stencils and sprayed through them.  I decided to add a brighter pink, so I brought in Coloringz Pink Stilettos and used the packaging technique.  My photo has a lot of blue in it, so I added just a small amount of blue to the background.  I also used a few gelatos and smudged them with my fingers.

I used bits and pieces from the Fancy Pants Joy Parade collection.  It's perfect for Summer photos!  I layered in a few tags and die cuts as well as a few epoxy stickers from the Amy Tangerine Rise & Shine collection.


I used a small grid stencil here.  Once I sprayed through it, I flipped it over and used it as a stamp.  I love the blending of colors.  I didn't even know what I was going to embellish with until I got the background colors down.  I love when things just match without even trying :)  I added some different colors of sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps.  They matched perfectly, too!


Layering is such a great way to create dimension on layouts.  I tucked in a few tags, circles and fun wonky stars.  I love that cute cloud from Amy Tan.


I used the packaging technique with the No Yoking here.  I used Creameez Ride the Tide and Shimmerz Winter's Mist to create these blue splatters.


Here you can see how different the gelatos look on the cardstock versus the ink sprays.  I didn't use any gesso on my cardstock, so the texture of it shows really well through all the products.


Here's a close-up of the bottom cluster.  I love all the mix of colors :)


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out.  I hope you're inspired and get some fun ideas!



Supplies List:
Vibez--Pop Art Pink
Coloringz--No Yoking, Pink Stilettos
Spritz--Caribbean Sunset
Shimmerz--Winter's Mist
Creameez--Ride the Tide


No comments: