Monday, April 17, 2017

Journal fun with Astrid

Hello lovely Shimmerz friends, hope April has treated you well so far....
I have another journal spread to share with you today:
With this project I wanted to explore how Shimmerz products would work together with the new Tim Holtz Oxide Inks.... My verdict? They work brilliantly together!
I started by laying down lots of different textures on my pages:
Some strips of lace and roses, followed by texture paste through various stencils and then a thick coat of gesso.
Next I added some light titan buff and light yellow acrylic paint and when that had dried added a variety of yellow and green tones of Oxide Inks with my blending tools. Then I went to work with my sprays, these were the colours I used:
Vibez: Egg Noggin, and  Palm Reader and at the end some Before Dawn
Coloringz Oh Say Can U Sea
Creameez Sage It Isn't So
Below some close ups of what happens when you spray onto the Oxides, - I just love the effect:


For the focal point on my spread I used these cute children from the new Tim Holtz Paper Dolls.
For some further interest I also added a vintage flower image and some Washi tape, other ephemera and some background stamping.
And here the final spread once more, hope you like it, - I had great fun seeing how these different products worked together. If you would like to have a play with some yummy Shimmerz products and would like to get some free paint, - here is what to do:
Thanks for your visit and happy crafting!

10 comments:

Helen said...

That's so beautiful

froebelsternchen said...

Such an amazing spread! Gorgeous!!!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Stunning Astrid !

Helen Wallace said...

Wonderful Mixed media project.

Maryann Laursen said...

A gorgeous and beautiful spread here again Astrid. I love your choise of colors and the texture on it looks totally amazing too. Everything is just perfect as always hun.

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is stunning Astrid! The colour combo is amazing and I love the effect attained with the Oxide Inks .. looks wonderful!! The textures are amaxing too! Love this!! hugs xx

Jackie PN said...

What a glorious journal spread Astrid!!
Love the mixing of the two products- they work brilliantly together!!
Jackie xx

Hazel Agnew said...

This is wonderful Astrid. Love the textures so much! X

Annie said...

Absolutely stunning textures and details on your beautiful journal pages x very clever idea to use Shimmerz along with the Oxides as we crafters love the various effects. Thank you for sharing your beautiful journal pages x look forward to viewing it IRL when we meet

Hugs Annie x

Words and Pictures said...

What fantastic layered effects with the combination of Oxides and Shimmerz sprays - very cool! And a lovely, gentle page spread with fabulous textures.
Alison x