Sunday, July 10, 2016

Petal by Petal - Samantha Robles

Hi friendz! My name is Samantha Robles. Most of you don't know me, but I'm the face behind everything Shimmerz wise you see on your screens! I run all of Shimmerz Paints social media, as well as all of our contests and design team submissions. I love sharing my passion for Shimmerz. Today, I'm showing you that ANYONE can use Shimmerz as easy as 1, 2, 3! I have just jumped into the world of Bible Journaling. It was a bit intimidating at first, but it's a great stress relief and what makes it even better is add my own personal touch that maybe someone else hasn't done yet. Isaiah 40: 7-8 caught my eye and I had this idea that I had to do something with it.

To start my page I decided that I wanted to incorporate some of what the text says about flowers, so I stamped a clear flower stamp onto my page twice. I used a great Staz On ink pad to prevent any smearing or weeping of the ink. I then used clear gesso over the top and let my page dry with some wax paper underneath. You don't want your thin little pages stuck together!

Once my gesso is dry, I can then go to town with my colors! I started with the center of my flowers first using Aqua Huez "Crazy Daisy" in the center and Aqua Huez "14 Carrots" around the little dots to add a vocal point to the center. For my top bright flower, I wanted to add a punch of pink to the page using Aqua Huez "Hottie Pink" as my darker of the two pinks and Inkingz "Pink A Boo" in my lighter shade. I then highlighted the lighter petals with some more Aqua Huez "14 Carrots".
Then it was on to my second fun flower. For the bright blue flower, I use Creameez "Ride The Tide" for the darker shaded petals and "Me & Blue" from our Inklingz line. To finish the whole page off, I used my most favorite color of all of Shimmerz Paints products to spray a little more of me into it. That would be from "Sweet Heart" from our Vibez line! Ta-da!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you like what I've shared. Have a great day everyone! 
-Samantha

Find all the products listed by shopping on www.shimmerzpaints.com

3 comments:

Helen Gullett said...

This is so beautiful... love the journaling :)

Nicole Martel said...

Very pretty!

Nicole Martel said...

Very pretty!