Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Shabby Card and a Shabby Snowflake Tag with Melissa

Hi there Shimmerz Friends! Melissa here stopping in with a super easy and fun way to dress up a card and to make a stunning background for a card or tag! Let's get started!


First up, I will show you how to give some great texture and interest to any card. It doesn't take much! All you need is some Tidy Widy Texturez and Pixie Dust Blingz!


Just simply, spread on some Tidy Widy Texturez to your papers, flowers and embellishments using a palette knife. It gives your card such pretty texture and dimension! That's it! Easy Peasy!!


It gives any card a really cool and shabby look!


I also added some Pixie Dust Blingz to my flowers as well. It gives it that little extra sparkle!


Next, I made this pretty snowflake tag using a super easy technique! And only a few Shimmerz Products!


For the background, I used Blue Jeans Vibez, Well Blue Me Down Coloringz, Baby's Breath Shimmeringz, Spun Sugar Dazzlerz and on the snowflakes I used some Pixie Dust Blingz.


For the background, I simply sprayed some Blue Jeans Vibez on the bottom portion of my white tag and then some Well Blue Me Down Coloringz on the top portion of the tag. Before letting it dry completely, I sprayed some Baby's Breath Shimmeringz over the entire tag to blend in the colors and give it even more shimmer.


Then using a snowfall stencil, I simply spread some Spun Sugar Dazzlerz lightly over my stencil, using a palette knife.


I then added some Pixie Dust Blingz to my die cut snowflakes and then proceeded to embellish the rest of my tag.


Such an easy way to get an ombre effect to any tag or card!


Don't forget, on your next Shimmerz Paints order, just mention my name, Melissa B. in the "Notes to Merchant" section in the PayPal checkout, and you will receive a FREE Shimmerz Paint Product in your order! ;)

And before I go, Shimmerz has something exciting in the works!! So make sure you be on the look out for it!! ;) 

Hope you have a shimmery day!!


No comments: