Wednesday, May 13, 2015

It's a Beautiful Day with Missy

Hey there, Shimmerz fans!  Missy here.  Today I'm sharing another rainbow inspired layout, and I used lots of Shimmerz products to create it.  I started with white cardstock and my black and white photo.  My photo printed out a lot lighter than I wanted, but I decided to scrap it anyway.  As I sorted through my box of Shimmerz goodies, I decided to use some bright and cheerful colors.  I used some Coloringz and Vibez and sprayed them onto some white cardstock.  I then took a large Jillibean Soup flower stamp and stamped it over the color.  I fussy  cut them out and then built the rest of my page around them.

I cut my title on my Cameo...it's a cut file from The Cut Shoppe, and I lightly traced around it with a silver pen to make it a bit more visible.


I used these same products and sprayed them on plastic packaging to create the smudges on the background.  I wanted lots of white space on this page, so I limited the mixed media to the bottom portion of the layout.


These smudges here were made with Dazzlerz and a foam brush.  I just dipped the tip of the brush into the Dazzlerz and brushed it over the page.  I used Gummy Berry Blue and Sour Apple.  I chose a few papers from my stash and then colored a white piece of corrugated paper with No Yoking Coloringz.  I added a bit of white tissue paper behind my photo, and I used Dazzlerz and Vibez to color the wood veneer.


The colors...oh my goodness!  LOVE.  The pink is Coloringz in Pretty in Pink.  I also used Sunset Strip Vibez and Kermit the Frog Vibez, as well as some Jeni B Bleu.  And my layout wouldn't be complete without some tangled thread :)


Here's another shot of the flowers...they turned out so pretty.  I added some rhinestones and some stitching to finish them off.


One last shot of the upper right corner.  I used a Crate Paper rub-on and added lots of washi tape as well as more rhinestones to complete this cluster.


I hope this inspires you to create something bright and colorful using minimal patterned paper.  A little bit of Shimmerz can go a long way :)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

Products Used:
Coloringz--No Yoking, Oh Say Can U Sea, Pretty in Pink, Heidi Ho Blue
Vibez--Sunset Strip, Jeni B Bleu, Kermit the Frog
Spritz--Ruby
Dazzlerz--Sour Apple, Gummy Berry Blue, Lemon Drop



No comments: