Saturday, May 16, 2015

Favorite - A layout with Karine

Hi,

I'm up today to share with you a layout that I made using beautiful Shimmerz paints.


As always, my first step was to apply a thin coat of clear gesso. Next, I applied randomly three colors of Shimmerz. I just love the rich colors and the shimmering effect I get when I use these. For this layout, I used Magenta, Sugar Plum and Royal Purple. To help with blending, I sprayed a bit of water.


To add a bit more texture, I applied modeling paste through a stencil.


To go with the picture and the Shimmerz, I added sequins, for extra shine and sparkle.


I wanted to add drops of paint, as I often do with my layouts. I think it adds a finishing touch. I simply dipped my paintbrush in the paint and added drops here and there.



I hope it inspires you.

You can order Shimmerz products directly from the Shimmerz Paints Store. If you do, don't forget to mention my name (Karine Gagnon) in the «Instruction to Merchant/seller» part of your order form (just below your name and address). After clicking «add», you'll get a FREE product in the color of your choice. 



2 comments:

Caty said...

Very beautiful Layout !!! Gorgeous work !! Big hugs.

Catherine Giguère said...

So beautiful! I really like the colors!