Saturday, February 28, 2015

Amazing - A layout with Karine

Hi there,

Karine here today to share another layout using tons of yummy Shimmerz Paints products.

Here it is.


I started out with a plain white cardstock on which I glued some Tim Holtz tissue paper. I then applied a thin coat of white gesso and modelling paste through a Prima stencil. Next come my favorite part: the colors. I went with a yellow and grey color combo this time. I used Spritz in Tuscan sun and Truffle as well as Vibez in Sunset Strip to color my white background.


Some random stamping in black Archival ink to add texture...


For my chipboard, I wanted to create the look of liquid metal, or something similar. I started out with a coat of Creameez in Ride the Tide, to give a nice blue undertone... On top of it, I stamped with Versamark ink and added embossing powder. To make it match with the rest of the layout, I misted it with my Spritz in Truffle. I LOVE the result!




You can order Shimmerz products directly from the Shimmerz Paints Store. If you do, don't forget to mention my name (Karine Gagnon) in the «Instruction to Merchant/seller» part of your order form (just below your name and address). After clicking «add», you'll get a FREE product in the color of your choice!



2 comments:

Kathy G. said...

This layout is fantastic. I love how you made the chipboard look metal. Really wonderful job.

Rhonda said...

Love this layout. Every detail is amazing!!