Wednesday, October 29, 2014

let's have some tea!


I'm a great tea-lover so today I have this teapot to share with you.
No plan, just playing with all those gorgeous Shimmerz colors! :)

The teapot got two coats of gesso first.
I randomly applied the paints and watered them to let them run.

I used these colors:
Shimmerz: Bubble gum
Shimmerz: Sugar Plum
Shimmerz: Pink
Shimmerz: Magenta
Shimmerz: Marigold

When the paint is still a bit wet, I applied some gesso.
Took a tooth-pick and made these fun shapes.
Really love this effect!

The small mini roses were also painted with the Shimmerz.


Another close-up of the paints and gesso.
Love the way the gesso makes little cracks!
This could easily be an awesome background for any project, don't you think!


Enjoy your day!
Ingrid xxx

1 comment:

Lydell Quin said...

Oh my goodness Ingrid! This is totally unique and so pretty.....now I wonder if I have a spare teapot!!!!