Monday, March 11, 2013

More Monoprinting with Shimmerz Paints.....

Hi There again....Its Lydell with you this morning, for our Shimmerz Education Day with another video.  I am continuing my play with monoprinting,with the Geli Plate.  If you dont have a Geli plate, I saw someone on Youtube a while back doing something very similar on a rubber craft mat, or silicone mat.  and somewhere else I saw someone doing monoprinting on a sheet of glass. (Like from a photo frame)  The artist just added a layer of gel medium to the mat or the glass sheet before rolling the paint on, it just helps with the paint adhesion.  If you happen to try this....please let us know how you went!!!!

Something a little different in that today, I wanted to paint images directly onto the plate with various Shimmerz Paints, and then print.  I loved this technique.  You get a water colour style effect with this way of monoprinting and it was fun to do!

So have a look and see how this turned out.

So thats it from me today.  Will see you again next week, with something else Shimmery!
Have a wonderful week everyone!



Remember there are many videos available on our Shimmerz TV Youtube Channel

No comments: