Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Decorative Piece



Hi everyone, today I have a little project to share with you.  I had a craftwood letter 'S' sitting on my desk along with a small canvas (12cm x 12cm) when I thought to myself I should combine the two together.  So here I have made a decorative piece with my initial!
 
Shimmerz products used:
 
Blingz in Grinchy Green
Shimmerz in Tickle Me Turquoise and Antique Lace
Vibez in Egg Noggin and Hermit the Frog
Spritz in Treasured Hyme
Coloringz in Lime In Da Coconut and Heidi Ho Blue
Enamalz in Sparklicious
 





I always apply a little gesso to my embellishments and this makes the perfect adherent for me to sprinkle on my Enamalz.  I just love pretty, sparkly things :)
 


 
Before adding my letter and the embellishments I sprayed my background with different colours and I always let them blend together.  If I don't like the colours they turn into, once dry I just reapply a different colour. 
 



I just adore these little peacock feathers and after applying a coat of gesso onto the craft I used my pots and blended the colours together with a paintbrush. 
 

 
 
I hope you enjoyed my piece today, I think it will have a sweet little spot in my scraproom. 
Enjoy your Halloween festivities tonight,
Until next time xo