Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Accenting the Edges

Today I want to show you how I used Shimmerz paints and Enamelz, to pretty up a canvas. First, I cut a bunch of canvas squares, painted some of them with black acrylic paint, and then using molding paste, I glued them onto the 8x11 canvas.
Next, I smeared some of the molding paste up onto the edges of my squares, let dry, and then coated my edges with some Crackle Accents. After that was tacky, but not dry, I used December Sky Blingz, and a little of Anchors Away Coloringz and painted on top of the Crackle Accents.Then I let dry. To set the paint permanently, I then used some Versamark ink and sprinkled Sparklicious Enamelz over the edges to seal the squares before I added a bunch of my gems and other paper pieces.

xx Heidi

2 comments:

Stac said...

Heidi. . . this is spectacular!!!

Lydell Quin said...

My goodness Heidi. You always come up with cool stuff!!! Love this!