Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Journal doodles......

Hey there!

 I dont know about you, but I have had so much on in the last fortnight!!!! Preparing gifts, shopping, Birthdays parties, Sleep overs, Christmas table decorations, putting up the tree (late this year! Whoops) School finishing up......I could go on...(and on....) I sat down last night and decided not to do anything Christmas related. I played in my art journal. It was very refreshing. I drew and doodled for a few hours, then I got out my Shimmerz Paints. These are so lovely to paint with. I used the paint pots, which consisted of Blingz, Pearlz and Shimmerz and I chose colours from all the ranges..... Here is what it looked like after I finished..........

I just drew with a fine black pen and then coloured it with Shimmerz and a fine paintbrush to get the details.
The colours featured on this page are as follows


From the Shimmerz Range.....
Royal Purple
Apricot
Burgundy
Celery
Aquamarine
Blueberry Cobbler
Periwinkle
Jilted Jade
Teal

From the Pearlz Range.....
Carrot Top
Blue By U
Luscious Lilac
Blue into town
Sunny Side up

From the Blingz Range....
Grinchy Green (Ltd. edition)
Flashee fuscia
December Sky
Poinsettia Pink
Santa Baby (Ltd. Edition)

The Colours turned out so bright and pretty, and they shimmer and shine, making the page look even better!!!!



I am much more relaxed now!!!
Ready to get back to all the Christmas stuff!!!!

Thanks for stopping by


3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Lydell- WOW. This is stunning. Love what you did with these paints!

Lene - Nabon said...

wow, this is just A R T ! Love it!

Stac said...

OMGosh. . . OMGosh. . . OMGosh!!! You knocked my socks off. AMAZING!!!! Can I have a lesson?